Friday, March 27, 2015

i almost am starting to like going to the hospital (giggle)

Well, it's definitely been awhile since I have been on here.  Either that or a lot has happened that makes it feel like awhile.  I think its the latter.  Most of you have an idea of what has been going on in my life or know parts of it.  So I will start and hopefully work it all in for those who have no clue.  Be prepared, remember this girl is ADD and bipolar so it's always fun to see the results.

I caught myself up by stopping to read my last blog as to know the last of what you know.  It wasn't as long ago as I thought.  So that's good.  I had my second treatment in my first cycle of my new medicine, Halaven.  Two days later I had two teeth pulled by a dental ministry from the church.  My TMJ doctor sent me to them because he volunteers sometimes and knows sometimes they have an oral surgeon on hand.  He found out there was going to be an oral surgeon and felt it was best I go to him.  He said it was because I was so complicated, my heath and all.  We have known each other for awhile now and he was worried about me.  I am the luckiest girl in the world.  They rushed me in, first thing (after waiting three hours, you have to get there early, to be at the top of the list, first come first serve).  But I was sixth on the list, and they brought me in and got started on me first thing.  I felt so special (grin).  Sometimes there are benefits to cancer, I guess.

So back to chemo, I started feeling kind of bad.  I felt like I was on deaths door.  Really it wasn't as bad as that but it was bad enough to go to the doctor the following week after a multitude of odd, off the wall, symptoms.  Like the right side of the top of my head went numb.  My shoulder blades hurt, real bad.  My vision went blurry.  My skin started feeling like I had rashes in places with no evidence of the fact.  I could go on but I've actually forgotten everything.  Well major fatigue.  So I went into the doctor, we did bloodwork and I was sent home to rest and get better.

The next day my mom comes banging on front door.  She lets herself in, she has a key.  I didn't really have time to stop and answer the door, I was of all things, chopping of dog treats because the treats are big and my dog is small.  She comes in yelling my name and I'm like, "What?".  She sounded so worried.  She said, "Come on, we have to call an ambulance, you have to go to the hospital, right now.  Where's your phone?" (she had gotten dropped off by a friend, thank you Mrs. Susan!) Naturally I say, "What are you talking about?  My phone's upstairs."  She then says, "The doctor has been trying to call you all morning! And I have been too!"  So I respond, "I just got downstairs!  Couldn't have been all morning.  Well, it could still be on silent from the doctor's appointment yesterday...and why an ambulance, will Mrs. Susan come back and bring us?"  After some more conversation I found out that some blood work had come back off.  My kidney count.  I was in kidney failure again.

Mrs. Susan did indeed drop everything and bring us to the hospital.  Me and my rude self, jumped into the shower (last time I was in the hospital I wasn't allowed to shower for the longest time" and stopped to pack things (last time I ended up being in the hospital for awhile having people bring me stuff from the house).  As far as I know Mrs. Susan was able to do what she needed to do.  Mrs. Superwoman.

After freaking out some doctors with my kidney count and then them setting me up in a oh so grand, room of my own, they tell me "You should plan on staying with us for awhile."  Of course, I had planned for that so I'm just like, "Okay."  I, then, made myself at home.  Found out I had a blockage of sorts going on which caused my kidney's to fail.  It didn't take much, I recovered in a few days and was let out three nights later.  I spent the first day out of the hospital just sleeping. Like all day.  All night.  I stayed at my parent's place for the first couple nights out of the hospital.  A friend I hadn't seen in FOREVER came to visit me the second day and I couldn't have been happier.  Thanks for the visit, Holly.  We need to do it again soon!  Love you!

Back at home it was back to the daily grind.  We were blessed to have two of my friends come over and bring us a steak dinner!  Fillets!  Amazingness.  It was nice, we got to visit for awhile too, it was so nice to see them!  Thanks Rachael and Cherie!  You guys are the best!  Love you both too!

I almost am starting to like going in the hospital because of all the visiting I get to do.  Completely joking!  Kinda.  I love seeing all of you, it's the best part of the hospital and the recovery when I get out.  Visiting and laughing.  I mean seriously.  It's the best.

Then out of the blue I get these two packages.  A friend I met through my cousin, sent me to shirts.  They are so cute.  One is shortsleeve with the word Love on it in script, whereas the other is longsleeve but at the moment I can't remember what it says.  I have to do some work on that one.  The sleeves are fitted and because of my lymphodema my arms don't fit.  The shirt is fine it seems but I just need to cut the sleeves.  I was thinking of adding black lace to go with the color of the shirt, but I am not a designer nor have I ever tried to be one.

I've had a few side effects since kidney failure.  Weird ones, I will try to explain but I don't even think my doctors understand what I am talking about.  In both this patch on my back, right under my neck, and under my breasts across my whole front, I am having this weird pins and needles pain.  At first I came to the conclusion that it may be a sign that I am about to lose feeling in those places, because I have lost feeling in a bunch of places and it's felt similar before it goes numb.  Only thing is, they haven't gone numb yet.  I've kind of gotten used to the feeling for the most part.  Now it only hurts when touched.  But it's weird and I don't like it.  Could it be the chemo?  I don't know.

I had chemo again, on Tuesday.  Had a kind of rough one yesterday.  I didn't know what was wrong with me.  I was hot, I was cold.  I couldn't get comfortable.  I was miserable.  Looked up my drug's side effects, and those, plus some others I am not mentioning on here, were all listed.  I had to find a detailed website.  Because you know me, I get all of those side effects, the ones no one else gets.  The 2%.  That's just how I roll.  No but really, I am actually pretty lucky to not get any major side effects.
That is all for now my dear friends!

Love you,

Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment