Sunday, January 18, 2015

it's just heaven

One of the greatest days ever.  Okay an exaggeration.  I mean I didn't even leave the house today.  I mean I played Farm Heroes and took a nice nap.  Now that's where the best day ever comes in.  Just roll with it okay?


I guess it started with this.  Remember when I told you about my lifesaving device from the hospital, the BiPap machine?  This thing:
See!  This thing!

This is the base. The part with the bright screen.  I have a humidifier and oxygen attached to mine, you can see the oxygen cord, green, on the left and the humidifier smack dab in the middle of the picture.

Just for fun, this is my oxygen concentrator.


Anyway, back to what I was talking about.  The BiPAP machine helps me breathe at night.  It's not the same thing as a CPAP but it's similar.  It makes sure I keep breathing.  If I don't take a breath in a certain amount of time it makes me.  I got one of my own that I have to wear every night.  When being prescribed this I was told I need to sleep elevated and he tried to refer me to a hospital bed.  Well, this girl isn't ready for a hospital bed and I told him that.  I feel like once I get a hospital bed, that's it.  I would feel sick and feel sorry for myself, you know?  Maybe you don't and I'm not making sense but I refused the hospital bed and I've spent the last few months precariously placing pillows with the hopes they would keep me elevated.  Nope.  I always end up on one pillow, laying flat.

This has been frustrating me for months because on one hand I don't want the hospital bed, on the other I couldn't seem to get enough pillows to work.

Arrives is my 10 year Cancerversary.  I had an amazing time, and I know I've written about that before but just throwing that out there because it was that great.  Enter Desma and Kevin Dinkel.  Friends with the family since I was 13.  I sat with them, and a few other friends, explaining the situation.  I guess they had asked how I was doing or something, I'm not sure how it came up.  Cuz I know I had told Anna, who was sitting next to me about it, so it must have been geared toward them and the Ziegler's.

Well right then and there Dez's wheels start turning with ideas on how to get me a bed that elevates.  I had spoken with friends about doing a fundraiser or two but knew it was so much money that I was kind of defeated so I hadn't done it.  Well within a day or two Desma has a fundraiser up and running online.  Within a week or two they have collected close to the amount but they were still trying.  Enter there son, Chad.  He approaches a friend from church, Lee Burns, owner of Mattress Direct  (honestly don't know if it's all of the stores or just one store), and asks if he wants to get involved and the man decides to donate the bed.  DONATE!

Delivered to me this morning was a Serta adjustable bed and I think it's memory foam stuff.  I didn't get a receipt and I was so excited I covered it with the mattress pad and sheets so fast I didn't look for a tag lol.  But it feels like it!  I'm sitting in it now and it's just heaven.  I have it set to lounge which raises the legs too, circulation a big problem and that helps, a bonus!!  Plus if you remember, we had help with Christmas this year and one of them gave a new comforter set!  The comforter and the two matching pillow cases are brand new.  I absolutely love all of it.  This is how every person should feel always. Cuz I took a nap on this bed today and woke up feeling like I was floating on air.  None of the aching everywhere.  It was wonderful.
I should have taken a picture of it without the comforter and stuff but like I said I was SO EXCITED.


So from the fundraiser they had left over money.  Delivered to me yesterday by Mrs. Dez was a set of cream bamboo sheets (btw, the softest silkiest sheets in the world...that I have tried anyway), also two memory foam pillows, and a European down comforter!  She said they are still getting stuff, like curtains...I will tell you more on that when it happens.  My bed is pimping.  You have no idea.  It's one of those things where you don't know anyway you could ever thank enough.  But I want to try.

Thanks to Lee Burns and Mattress Direct for the donation of the bed.  You really have no idea the difference you are making in my life.  Thanks to Mrs. Desma and Mr. Kevin Dinkel for the idea for the fundraiser and holding it.  Thank you to Chad Dinkel for approaching Lee Burns on the subject.  And last but definitely not least is thank you to every single person and family who donated to the fundraiser.  You took your hard earned money and donated to help me and I don't know how to thank you.

On to business.  I may have mentioned in my last blog that I was waiting on scan results or I may not have, I don't remember.  That's how not stressed I get about those things now.  They will tell me what they will tell me, no changing it.  I don't worry about them.  God's in control so I don't need to stress on it.  I wish I could be that way about everything!  Tuesday was scan result day.  Here's my post from result day:
Scan results day! OMG are they going to tell me I have cancer!?

That's how I feel about this stuff now lol.  I did get the scan results and they didn't say anything absolutely horrible.  Like last time some areas were stable some grew but no new growths.  Praise God, dude.  Though it's the same one's growing so I don't know how that will work out eventually.  So it's really great that I'm going to M.D.Anderson's at the end of this month to see my new doctor.  Maybe there is a new treatment or clinical trial I can join.  Something that my cancer actually responds to.  It would be nice.  But this girl ain't complaining.  Nothing can ruin my mood.  With that I will say good night!
a pretty pic of me...just because :)

No comments:

Post a Comment