Tuesday, November 18, 2014

we live in freaking louisiana

Okay, so today is one of those days when I try to think of every excuse in the book to do absolutely nothing.  I've been talking myself out of starting on this for probably three hours. now.  In reality I had to do my night stuff so that took, what seemed like no time at all.  Some days it feels like it takes so long to do.  I talked myself out of doing the last couple dishes, and talked myself out of doing a few other things as well.  The crazy part is that now, I have a migraine and am telling myself I promised myself  I would write and that I know if I stop I won't start back up again.  Kind of like going to the gym, right?


I'm still reading The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan.  That's what has torn me away from everything and caused me to be half-ass all day.  May as well finish those last two dishes right?  This book is so good though.  It's about this girl, the daughter of the girl in the first one, and she kind of ends up following in the footsteps of her mother.  Quite literally in fact.  The basis, again for those who maybe didn't read a couple blogs ago, is the zombie Apocalypse where they are called anything but zombie's.  There are towns that live within the confines of fences, or like this one, has the ocean as a border, to keep the zombie's out.  That's about all I feel I can get into without giving away plotlines.  The writer tells the story so well that it's all I can think about when I'm not sitting down with it in my hands.  I now wonder how I will live life when I'm finished with this series.  It's a three book series, so I'm halfway there.

Guess who is getting out the house to go have fun...this girl!  Thursday night, Casting Crowns.  Can't wait, Julie!

I hope the oxygen tanks don't mess us up too bad.

Have I ever told you how much I love my kid?  Well I do, a lot.  She's a young lady now, not a kid, I must remember.  So hard to, right?

Oh my gosh.  So we have this problem in our apartment.  The downstairs is freezing, and upstairs is so hot with the heater on.  But if I put it one degree lower it gets freezing and I seriously have a toe problem.  I already have numb toes, or parts of toes, but sometimes they become numb from just being in here and I will have on fuzzy socks.  I guess I need to double up.  Once I had these socks that I got from Mary Bird, a volunteer had made them, and still, to this day, they are the warmest sock I have ever had.  I lost one a couple years ago.  I think they are both gone now.  Frustration!  I need good socks if I plan to keep my toes this winter.  We freaking live in Louisiana, you don't anticipate this stuff until it happens.  Though, it now happens every year.  I remember, as a kid, wearing short sleeves all winter.  Except those two times it snowed when we were kids.  It's snowed more now but then it was all we got for years.  I keep expecting warm winters lol.

This will be it for the night.  Madisyn has an early doctors appointment, routine medicine check, early in the morning, and I have one after that.  My mom gets to bring her to school while I go hang out at the doctors office.  Fun times for all of us tomorrow!

Good night, sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment