Friday, November 14, 2014

totally miss my fireplaces

I'm starting before midnight!  It won't be posted before it though.  Ah but I'm getting closer.  Anyway I guess I kind of had a productive day.  I didn't wake up feeling like hell like yesterday.  I've had more pain in my chest then normal but I did more then normal today.  


So, remember how I was saying Madisyn and I have been working on a project nonstop for, I don't know three days, working through the night and such?  Well she turned it in today and to find out she did five times the amount of work necessary.  That's my kid.  Making life harder on herself, sounds really familiar.  She's so much like me lol.  Poor thing.

I totally forget what this weather does to my hands.  With the lymphodema in my arms (swelling from lack of lymphnodes, you know cuz we took them out because they had a bunch of cancer, and then took out more, and then took out more, you get the picture) my hands get really really dry and also really really smooth.  Smooth but not in a good way.  They crack like as soon as cold weather hits and pretty soon I will be wearing gloves 24/7 because they will hurt and it will be impossible to do anything with my hands.   Then they start breaking down.  I'm so excited it's winter.  Catch that sarcasm?  The life of a chronic chick.

Other than that I love the cold.  Fireplaces, hot chocolate, fire logs, eggnog, soup, chili, etc, etc.  All stuff I don't think I can eat anymore.  I need recipes people!  Recipes with low sodium and low carbohydrates.  Recipes that use fresh stuff not canned and stuff, no salt, no seasonings with salt, etc.  Please help!  Email me shannoncmcalister@gmail.com

Plus we don't have a fireplace anymore.  I would buy one of those electric ones but the good ones that actually give off heat cost way too much.  Totally miss my fireplaces.

Just want to say it again for ya.  My chest hurts.  I have this tumor that's gotten bigger.  It's the same one that sent me to the emergency room last January I think.  It was pressing on my chest making it impossible to inhale without being in excruciating pain.  I was in the hospital for a week while they tried to figure out what was causing it.  They thought it was my heart so I was on the cardiac floor.  I like that floor lol.  Very quiet and attentive.  We ended up having to do targeted radiation to shrink the tumor.  I hope we can do that again.

I went to church last weekend for the first time in so long. I'll just say pastor was speaking to me this past weekend and it was a great experience and I'm glad I was able to go.  Same thing for The Single Mom's Ministry this past weekend.  Just was amazing.  I have my ups and downs with God, but thats for another blog.  I already have too much here.

I stopped having the ability to stay conscious when I wanted to, so awhile ago I handed my keys and car to my mother (agh! it drives me nuts, especially now when I'm doing so much better and I feel like I can drive, not like to Houston but around town, run errands, etc).  Of course, their car breaks down and now it's their only car so I guess that I'm never getting it back.  They don't trust that I can drive so if I'm going to drive again I have to start saving for a car.  I'm not thinking that it's very fair but I will admit that they actually gave me the car after I was in a hit and run that totalled my car.  They gave it to me after I finished my first cancer's treatment.  As a congratulatory.  It's one of the best gifts ever.  So the fact that they have it now is okay.  It's not like it was ever in my name, they just said it was mine.  They fixed it and stuff so it technically was never mine, they took care of it.  I appreciate the time I had with the car lol.  But I miss having somewhere to put my stickers lol.  I miss being able to go where I want when I want.  I said that before.  Now my mom brings me everywhere and I think I've said this before too, but I have no idea how she hasn't killed me yet.  She gets the worst of me.  I'm a cranky bitch.  She says she just ignores it, I don't know how she does it.  Another reason why I'm perfectly happy being single, I'm not sure anyone else could handle my mood swings.

Mood swings!  I can talk about that next time!  Oh I can't wait!  

Is there anything any of you want me to talk about for future blogs?  I can write off the top of my head but I don't know if you guys like reading about my very exciting life lol.  Please tell me!


No comments:

Post a Comment