Wednesday, November 19, 2014

totally fun filled

Today was a fun filled day.  We had a doctors appointment for Madisyn this morning.  Then after that another one for me, and my appointment is a three in one appointment.  For labs to be done, then to see the oncologist, then for my monthly shot and a port flush.  Like I said, fun filled.  I have stuck with a needle six times today.  Totally fun filled.  I came home and passed out.  Woke up from about five to seven and am just waking up now, around eleven p.m.  I'm pretty sure I will be able to sleep after this too.  I have a fun filled day of appointments tomorrow.  This time all for me.  Yay (sarcasm intended)!  


I finished reading The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan today.  I'm on to The Dark and Hollow Places, the third and final book in this series.  The one I finished today kind of ended on an okay note.  I was literally kind of like, "okayyyy".  But she had to end it somehow right?  The third one seems not to jump fifteen or twenty years into the future, like the last one did.  It looks to be of the same timeline as the second one, but I haven't started reading it yet, that's a guesstimation from reading the back and side covers.  The writer sure knows how to keep you wanting to come back for more and is the one series; lately, that I have found myself thinking about the characters all the time.  If I'm not reading it, all I want is to be reading it again.  

I mentioned it to one of the girls in the lab today.  Her and I are always, always, switching book tips.  I told her about it and she says her daughter is reading it in school and is the required reading in school.  Shocked me!  We never were made to read books about zombies in school.  I don't remember it anyway, then again, I really don't remember reading anything for school, though I know I must have.  I am so jealous of the kids these days. Zombies.  In school.  God bless them. Years ago, Madisyn was required to read Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief.  I read it with her, and so began our life in novels.  We share books, tell each other about them, sometimes listen to each other about reading them, sometimes not.  We finished that series and she went and read the other two series that were born off of that series by Rick Riordan, while I stopped and went on to other books.  No reason really, I have intentions to go back and read the other books, I guess I got to the point where I needed a break from reading them.  I don't know.  

We went to a signing in Metarie a couple years ago and were able to meet the author, which I am thankful to have the memory of.  It helps me on days when I feel like I suck as a mom because I can't do stuff with my kid and make memories of our own, I  think to that memory and others and realize I am a good mother, it's just where we are right now.  We may be in this limbo place forever but hopefully not.  

Another memory I hold on to is, one day she had an audition in New Orleans and heard about auditions for the Disney going on the following day in Austin, Texas.  So, being the awesome mother I am, I brought it up and said "ROAD TRIP!"  So for the next eleven hours we drove to Austin.  We made it in time to audition and we jumped back in the car and went home.  If I was really as cool as I claim, I would have called my cousin, or my best friends brother, who both live there, and go pass out on the couch for a little bit.  Then wake up and do some Austin touring.  But I wanted us to get back, for whatever reason.  There was a birthday party for one of my best friends that night maybe that why.  I just remember we didn't stay and we drove back.  The road trip was the best part.  

I used to feel the need to make memories like that.  Maybe I had foreseen stuff like me being unable to drive.  I don't know, but I'm glad I never listen when someone tells me I can't do something.  Now if someone tells me I can't do something, half the time I have to listen because; well, if they won't bring me then we can't go.  Plus I can't offer to pay their way so sometimes I feel like I can't ask.  So we end up in our little cocoon at home.  Oh it's frustrating, to go from free spirit to caged animal.  I realize I really am not a caged animal, I mean I would be fed three meals a day, plus some snacks by some random worker lol.  But you get the analogy right?

Well that's about it for tonight.  Except I meant to tell you about how I tried double socking.  It worked!  Warm and toasty toes for me from now on!  Now I know, and for days double socking does not work, I will try triple socking it.  Now that's really it.  Good night and sleep well!


No comments:

Post a Comment