Saturday, November 22, 2014

my head hurts so i'm not making sense

My bad guys.  I haven't been feeling 100% the past couple days.  I had my shot the other day and it knocks me down.  I did manage to squeeze in a concert before it all hit though!  The night I got my shot my friend, Julie, took me to a Casting Crowns concert.  For those who just read that and said what the hells a casting crown lol, they are a Christian band that sings some great songs.  A whole bunch of great songs.  They keep shoveling them out too.  It really was a great experience.  Thanks Julie!

Super glad I had a good Thursday night because I was passed out by six on Wednesday, after my shot, and nauseous and with a headache full of pain everywhere Friday, and passed out by sevenish.  Woke up this morning, still nauseous, my skin hurting anyitme anything even just brushed it.  Still with this monster headache.  I haven't been controlling the pain very well.  It's a "learn as you go" type thing.  I'm not learning very well.  I've had three shots since I've been out the hospital (before the hospital I was getting my shots on the same day as herceptin so it was hard to pinpoint what side effects were from the shots) and I'm still trying to register what I need and don't need.  My head hurts so I don't think I'm making sense right now.  If I'm not, I'm sorry.  My mom tells me everytime that it's always as bad as it feels, so I guess I need to remember that so I'm not shocked every time.  

What did make me forget about how bad I feel was my friend, Kristin.  She came by with some low salt gumbo for us!  Can't tell you how perfect the timing was either.  She's been wanting to bring food by since I got out the hospital, and it's super awesome she brought it just now.  I don't have to think about food, for about a month lol.  When she brings food, she brings food.  It was so great to have her come and visit, I haven't laughed so much in a long time.  Love you Kristin!

I felt so bad this morning.  I was kind of confused.  Completely forgot about my whole morning routine (taking vitals, giving myself a shot, taking medicine, etc).  Absolutely ridiculous!  It's not like I haven't missed the routine some mornings, it's just normally if I skip it, it's a conscious decision and I take my morning meds and give myself a shot,and weigh myself (my weight determines the amount of potassium and furosemide-my fluid pill-e I take daily.  I have to maintain the fluid, if I retain fluid it shows on the scale.  Sometimes I have gained as much as five pounds in one night from the day before)  the necessities.  Today I did weigh myself, but then my mind completely shut down.  I'm still shocked at myself.  

I have almost finished my book though!  I would have finished it by now but sleeping kind of took over my life for a couple days.  Then last night I woke up about 1:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  I read some, tried to sleep some, but I still felt awful and all I wanted to do was sleep but my brain wouldn't shut down with me.  I couldn't even force myself to play on my phone or computer.  It would have taken to much effort.  Pathetic I know.  But I'm so close to the end it's frustrating.  So much action and it's like how is this book going to end?!  That's not enough pages to cover what I want to know. Can't wait to finish.  It's staring me in the face right now.
 
Until next time...
Good night.  Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment