Monday, November 17, 2014

blame it on sickness

I think I figured out the reason why I stopped singing.  I think it has something to do with my lung problems and not having enough air to sing.  I tried singing a few times today and it's as if I literally cannot sing.  Not that I can't open my mouth and let words come out but they come out raspy and breathy.  And it seems to take a whole lot of effort too.  So, I think one day it became to hard and I just stopped unconsciously.  So, mystery solved.  Blame it on sickness, that always works.  :-)

I had one of those days where you drop everything, spill everything, trip over everything, etc.  I kind of have it on a daily basis but today it was something I can't put into words.  I fixed myself a drink.  Took one sip, knocked it over but caught it before everything spilled.  Then after I finished cleaning that up and was completely on another task my oxygen line knocks over the glass again.  I had even moved it to a different table thinking it would be safer there.  Not from ADHD Shannon.  Nothing is safe.  I spent my day picking up things, rewashing things I already washed because I dropped it, and starving myself of liquid in fear that I would throw down with that glass.  By 6:30 I was a wreck.  I gotta say though, you guys liking and commenting on my Facebook picture today actually made me feel a lot better.  So thanks to everyone who helped with that (by liking or commenting) because it made my day.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get another dog.  All this sign language Cassie does makes me a little spoiled.  She doesn't bark, unless you ignore her.  She does this thing when she needs to go outside where she comes and lightly walks next to me enough to where some part of her touches me.  It's easy to ignore because you think she did it on accident, but there is always something she is trying to convey.  Except right now.  I just took her outside, made sure she had food, and gave her a treat.  Check, check, check.  There is no number four yet she's doing her sign language.  I always feel guilty when I can't figure out what she's saying because she's really insistent, it makes me feel bad.  She's got the funniest incessant stare that says, the equivalent to, "Can you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth!"  Who remembers that?  So funny.  Or maybe, "are you listening to me at all?!"  Anyway it cracks me up everytime.

That's about all for today, except, wasn't it friggin cold today!

No comments:

Post a Comment