Sunday, November 16, 2014

i stopped singing

This blog may actually get posted before tomorrow...yay!


I was excited to have some responses to my last blog about themed blogging.  Some said that they enjoy just reading about what I have to say and that they know it's therapeutic for me to get stuff out, to have somewhere to go when I need to let it out.  So, thank you, ladies, I appreciate it.  Also I had someone say for me to blog about movies and books that I read..another great idea!  So pretty much I will mesh the two together and see what happens.  

Right now I'm gonna talk about something that's been on my mind for like a week.  I realized one day that I stopped singing.  I used to be the most aggravating person.  Someone who sang like she could, but really couldn't.  Drove my daughter nuts.  I would belt out in the car when I was driving, even when I was the passenger.  Probably aggravated my mother quite some bit.  When I realized this my heart fell.  How did something so much a part of me disappear?  I noticed I stopped paying attention to words and music, even though I put it on I just have it in the background.  No dancing, no singing, nothing.  I don't know what happened, and I don't know how to get it back.  I tried today and just couldn't do it.  I just couldn't get into it. 

 It depresses me some because I have always loved music.  Every kind of music, except some rap.  One day when I was little my dad sat me down and asked me about my hopes and dreams.  The only thing I could think to say was I wanted to sing. Of course he shook his head at my pipe dream and that was the end of it but I think of that day now and wonder what happened to her.  I miss her and it's frustrating to think that I've lost the only spunk I had left in me.

Ouch.  I have to give myself two shots a day in the stomach.  The medicine is really thick so it burns so much.  I only have to be on it for another three months so I see that the end is near!  I just had to give myself a shot so it was on my brain...

Madisyn and I have gotten into watching Korean dramas.  They are so funny.  I love it.  Sometimes they put the English subtitles so fast that I miss what they say but it never matters.  I'm so mad, Madisyn isn't allowed to watch t.v. right now so I don't get to watch my Korean drama!  Right now the one we are watching is called The Secret Garden, we haven't gotten there yet but in the show this girl and this guy switch bodies.  So it should be interesting.  I'm already laughing.  Oh so much fun.

Madisyn told me if I watch one episode without her she will watch the whole series without me, probably in one night.  She's good at that.  T.V. series marathons.  I can do it but for only so long.  Right now I am trying to marathon Mary, Queen of Scots, the first season.  Absolutely love it but I haven't gone back to it in like a week.  I just get out of the mood and want to watch something else.  Especially with series' like that who have over twenty episodes.  It gets daunting.

Right now I have Ed Sheeran playing in my head.  If you haven't heard of him or don't know his music I suggest you get on Spotify and shuffle play his albums.  I have this song from his new album in my head.  It's one of the slow songs.  It's so beautiful and moving.  It's called Photograph.  Just check it out, maybe you'll love it, maybe you'll hate it but you'll never know if you don't listen.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough for today.  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment