Wednesday, June 20, 2012

7 YEARS AND I'M STILL HERE LUAU! plus an update :)


Can't sleep so figured I blog.  Catch you guys up on what's going on lately.  So almost two months ago my cancer stopped responding to the medicine I was one, again.  It had stopped responding in November, but I had my partial hysterectomy in December, then went in to have another scan and it had responded.  Because of the good scan they gave me another three months on the medication.  I went back in April and the results of the scan wasn't good.  It had started growing again, and growing a pretty nice amount.  So back in January they had talked to me about this clinical trial I could start and since it had shrunk I didn't want to change meds just yet.  So on May 1st I started a clinical trial in Houston.  The trial requires us to travel back and for the Houston every week for one month and then every two weeks for the next month and to get retested at the end of two months.  The end of June marks the end of the second month so I go and get my scans the last week of June.

So lets talk about these meds.  One medication interfered with my allergies so some meds had to be changed.  Oh well.  After a couple trys we found a comparable drug.  These meds brought back some extra stomach problems, some crazy energy issues, and just an overall yuckness.  I have some really good days and some really bad days.  I normally have to stay close to home because of my stomach problems. I make it out to a movie every now and then, sometimes church, and a few other places but other then that, I try not to go too far.  Even with the places I go to I end up running to the bathroom, then to home, then to bed.  Not that sleeping is much of a choice because, well I just can't. Not with my stomach the way it is.

 We had a fire a couple weeks ago.  Yep, a fire.  The fire itself wasn't the problem.  I had just ran upstairs to make my bed when the fire alarms went off.  I ran out my room to find myself in a cloud of smoke thick enough that I couldn't see in front of me.  I bolted downstairs, put the fire out (my fault-boiling water but turned on wrong burner), got Madisyn and Cassie out, ran back in to open the windows and doors, and back outside to wait out the smoke.  While outside, I start to not be able to see straight, go inside and pass out.  I wake up hours later.  Had so much to do that day.  The whole day gone, down the toilet.  I go to access the damage.  Not bad at all.  Scrubbed a lot of the black around the stove off already.  Soot everywhere though. Some stuff I'm just chucking, other stuff I'm donating to 12baskets, and trying to keep just a minimum of items.  I don't have a dishwasher so washing every single item, with a lack of energy has been kind of slow but on the upside I am getting rid of stuff :)






So that's all the bad news.  The good news is I started working with a great organization.  It is probably my favorite time in my life.  I am happy, loving what I do, and I never want to stop doing what I do.  We help single mothers everyday, families of disaster, and anyone who needs help.  Just this week we furnished a whole apartment.  Minus the washer and dryer but those are hard to come by.  I have been trying to find my sister a washer/dryer/refrigerator but all of those are hard to come by. I love the girls I get to meet with this organization. Everyone of them amazing women.  The bonds I am making will last a lifetime.  The burning of passion for this job will never subside.  This is where God has been leading me for so long and it has all come to this moment in time.  I look back on my life and know everything was to make it to this.  I wouldn't turn back and change a thing.

God is amazing.  No matter how truthful I am about the way I feel, know this, through Christ all things are possible.  In my life I use that as my motto.  If something looks impossible I know that God can move mountains and part rivers so who am I to say that He can't cure cancer, help my relationships in my life, or perform miracles.  He can do all these and more!  I talk to God on a regular basis, thanking Him for EVERYTHING in life, releasing my worries and cares onto the Lord.  He will not let us go hungry!  No matter how your life looks.  If your life is perfect turn to the Lord, if your life is in shambles turn to the Lord.  He will sustain us through it ALL!  Hanging on to these promises help me through EVERYTHING!  God has my back, and Jesus carries me.  Throughout everything I am surrounded by the love of my Father, and His son.  When I think of faith, hope, and love not only to I put these as needs in my life but I remember that God has faith in ME. God has hope for ME. God has love for ME.  When I have someone so huge, so magical, so powerful on MY side, why am I to worry?  The devil can knock on my door but I refuse to open. The devil can try and tear down my walls but I have the MIGHTY power of Our Lord protecting me!  The devil tries and tries, but this girl isn't going back.  I am not going back to sleeping through life (well metaphorically), I am holding onto HIS promises for better days, and basking in His glory and all he gives to me at the same time! I go to Healing Place Church and it would be awesome if you want to go to church with me ever! You can check out the church at healingplacechurch.org

12baskets ministries is the organization I have been talking about.  Our website is 12basketsministries.com where you can find out more about us.  Our twitter is 12baskets2012.  Our you can check out our Facebook at 12baskets ministries facebook A favorite saying of ours is "God is big enough".  This one saying sums up everything.  Does someone need a keyboard for their son, God hands it to us. A bed? God hands it over. We supplies a whole nursery to one family, diapers and all.  Where did it come from? God.  Never do I think that what we are doing is pointless, useless, or mundane.  There is joy in every day.

That is it for right now, this has definitely been a long night with a long day ahead of me, so please pray that by this afternoon, or the moment u ready this that my stomach is healed!  Love u all!

Shannon

*************Party for me this Saturday! 7 years and I'm still here luau!  No gifts! If you would like to bring a dish it would be awesome! In lieu of gifts please donate to http://www.ashleyrenglish.org/ 
PLEASE also check out  My Thirty One Gifts Party a GREAT way to find gifts for others, organization for your house, your car, and your life! Beautiful items!  A portion of the proceeds ALSO benefit Ashley English!

If you have Facebook please notice the link below:
Shannon's "7 Years and I'm Still Here" Luau and Thirty One Gifts Party


No comments:

Post a Comment