Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cancer, Vampires, and Hair

Hi Everyone!

Things have been going good so I haven't had much to complain about but I thought I would just write to you guys, say hi, talk about nothing, everything, and anything in between.

First things first...still stable and still on the same medications that I have been on for awhile.  Tykerb, Lupron, and Arimidex.  Very few side effects for the most part.  I stay on nausea meds, twice a day, and that pretty much covers any nausea I have.  The first few days after I get my shot (Lupron) I am in so much pain it is ridiculous.  That slowly goes away throughout the month, and then its time to get another one.  But honestly, it isn't that bad.  They mentioned changing to a different drug which doesn't have as many side effects; but so far I am not really comfortable changing meds, since I have been stable and to change drugs now makes me paranoid.  So for now that's that.  I return to Houston for doctor appointments in October so I get to kind of relax until then.  No worries!

Speaking of no worries...Lion King is back to the theater!  Starting September 16, in 3D and for only 2 weeks!  Put it in your calender now!  If you would like to add it to your home collection, click on Simba!
  As always, with any add on my page, if you click and buy I get a percentage of sales!  No one has clicked yet!  Start clicking!

Speaking of watching something...I just finished watching the series Ally McBeal!  OMG!  Absolutely LOVED it!!  The last season wasn't my favorite but I did relate to her just as much as in the beginning because she was at the same age I am now.  She had a ten year old daughter too.  Granted unfortunately I am not dating Bon Jovi and I have never dated Robert Downy Jr. but given the chance I think I would say yes lol. I also had to carry my child for nine months and go through with labor and raising her but....if you count all that out, we are the same...lol...Do you need some Ally in your life?   Amazon baby!  Believe me, you do need Ally in your life.  Since watching that show I now try to remind myself to have a theme song.  I haven't found the perfect one yet, but I am still searching.  The character Richard Fish introduced me to "bygones" which from what I can gather, I can say or do anything I want but as long as I add "bygones" after it, its okay.  He also introduced me to the unisex bathroom...make your work bathroom a unisex, get your ADA approved sign here lol!
The character John Cage introduced me to the nose whistle (which I have yet to master), extra large boxing gloves (get your own from Amazon!), and Barry White's "Baby We Better Try To Get it Together" (get your download from Amazon and make me a cd!).  They played even more of Barry when Ally had Barry appearing to her.  I absolutely have fallen in love with his older music!  On September 12, if he was still with us, he would be celebrating his 67th birthday.  There were so many things I loved about Ally McBeal.  Too many to keep listing.

So, changing the subject completely, I entered the world of extensions early August.  The wonderful ladies at Salon Zoe gave me a full head of hair!  The things they can do with hair these days is just miraculous!  When you first call Salon Zoe they set you up with a consultation.  In the consultation you will discuss they discuss the different styles, different ways to have the extensions, different colors; a very informative process.  They will set you up for a later date to come and get your amazing "do".  What is even more amazing is the heart of these ladies.  Cierra Wheat and Liz Anderson; knowing that many women struggle with alopecia (hair loss), formed an organization to help those affected by all this that can not afford the pricey hair do's. This organization deserves its name Angel Zoe.   With just a small co-pay Cierra and Liz gave me the hair I have been dreaming about having for years now.  I was able to enjoy a trip knowing that even if I know that I am sick, it wasn't completely obvious to others.  Just like a puzzle missing a piece they made me feel whole. Sadly since I was without hair for almost six years with a few breaks here and there, my hair folicules got infected because my hair wasn't strong enough to handle the way your hair gets pulled into braids.  So unfortunately last week I said goodbye to my extensions.  I miss them, and my reflection with lots of hair.  Here are my before and after pics:

Just so you know, no one is paying me to advertise Salon Zoe! I know earlier I did say the links I post are a way for me to earn money, but that is just with Amazon, like this: Books, books, and more books .








Speaking of books...I just finished reading Definately Dead, a Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris.  These books are the basis for the hit HBO show True Blood.  We all know the story.  Vampire meets human female, falls in love, but wants to drink her amazing blood.  The catch in this series, both the books and the show, the world they live in know vampires exist.  They "came out" a couple years before our series starts and they have synthetic blood sold at gas stations just like Red Bull, Coke, or Gatorade.  Throw in a couple werewolves, werepanthers, weretigers, witches, and fairies, and VOILA! you now have Definitely Dead.  Of course Charlaine Harris writes it much better then that with twists and turns that have you wondering "WHAT??!!"  It is book six in series of books of which the most recent is book 11, which was released in May of this year.  Fortunately for all of us out there that can't wait to get our hands on imaginary vampires, werewolves,and whatever else they come up with, Charlaine is not finished writing!  Yes, more is coming!  I can't say that about a very similar series, I think we all know which one I am talking about...Twilight of course!  I still am waiting patiently for Stephenie Meyer to change her mind and continue the series. 
Below, click on the any of the pics to order them on Amazon:







Okay, it's time for me to sleep...should have never had the grande coffee at 8 that took me until 10 to drink.  I feel like I could go to the gym...nah...tv and bed with prayers of sleep tonight.  Next time I will tell you all about my road trip!  Who knows if I can't sleep I may be back this sometime this morning to blog!

Love you always!

Shannon


















2 comments:

  1. Shannon, you are beautiful with and without hair. With that said, the "do" looked really great! I wish I could get my hair to look that good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Susan :)
    I do have some hair, I will post a pic next time. When I took out the extensions my hair had grown!

    ReplyDelete